Carrick Knowe GC can be traced back to 1905 when it was known as Saughton Golf Club. It was formally incorporated as Carrick Knowe Golf Club in 1929.
In the early days of the club, the local Councillors representing the area took a keen interest in the well-being of the club and records show some notable Honorary Presidents from those early years. These include Baillie Rose (1915); Sir Alex Grant, Lord Provost (1926); Sir T B Whitson, Lord Provost (1932) & Eric Milligan Esq, Lord Provost (2000-2002) and many more throughout the years, too numerous to mention.
We also had a long history in competing within the Lyell Association. There were four competitions played annually, the main one being the Lyell Shield. Earliest records date back to 1913.
 Carrick Knowe Golf Club had a long association within the Lothian Region of participation in competetive golf, the principal tournament being the Dispatch Trophy, which was open to all non course-owning clubs. Carrick Knowe won this prestigious competition twice, in 1999 and 2001.